The MBA CSEA Asian expansion initiative is further sealed with a hugely successful 2nd Annual Asian Conference, March 18 – 20, in Hong Kong at the Sheraton Hong Kong Towers. The 90 conference attendees represented Asian, North American and European schools, Asian-based employers, and vendors who provide information and services to our community. Significant increases in both employer registrants and conference sponsorship reinforces the momentum being built by MBA CSEA in the Asia-Pacific region.
This year the program expanded to include 2.5 days of content supporting the conference theme “Enriching the Leadership Pipeline: Pathways for attracting, developing, motivating and retaining MBA talent”. The program committee did an outstanding job of developing a program that really examined Asia-Pacific MBA talent from the employers’ viewpoint as well as that of career services professionals. Content was delivered via presentations, panels and networking opportunities sessions. Speakers included school representatives, professionals from the local business community including Linkedin, Tencent, HSBC and The Hay Group, and employers (Amazon China, Eli Lilly, Citibank and Liberty Mutual, to name a few).
- Leadership for the e-generation.
- Asia Pacific economic overview, highlighting talent needs and trends.
- Dean’s perspective on Asia graduate management education and APAC talent needs from HKUST & Chicago Booth Hong Kong.
- Trends and future of recruiting for APAC from Asia-Pacific multinational recruiters.
- Leadership Development Programmes in Asia, both from employers with top LDP’s and from graduates who have gone through an LDP.
- Improv & creativity in leading teams in the internet age.
- Harnessing social media for corporate recruiting and career services.
- The Asia Careers Fair, Initiatives in school’s collaborating on career fair events.
In true MBA CSEA fashion, valuable networking opportunities were built into the schedule again this year including an Asian-themed opening reception (complete with Asian artisans), extended networking breaks and lunches, guided evening social activities and a celebratory dinner & reception at the magnificent HKUST Central campus. A special thanks go out to our conference sponsors, Liberty Mutual, MBA Focus, VMock and HKUST, and our conference affiliates MBA-Exchange and Evisors.
An amazing energy permeated the entire 2.5 day conference with some attendees remarking this as their “best ever” MBA CSEA event. Lots of positive comments regarding the content and networking opportunities abounded! We eagerly await planning of the third Asian conference in 2016!
Special thanks to our conference co-chairs, Leslie Joy Taylor (Chicago Booth) and Steven Burton (Singapore Management University) and the entire conference planning committee for their dedication and hard work on the 2015 Asian conference!